Friday, May 14, 2010

.....improving my PLO8 game.

Today I am committing to a formal plan to improve my play in PLO8.



Over the last 2.5 years I have played over 7,000 hands online, and about 3,500 in live play (mostly $2/$5). Overall I am a winner. However, as is shown in this graph, my total win-rate at the lowest online stakes is negative but trending in the right direction as I have studied and played more.



My plan is to start at the lowest stakes, and get my win-rate to a point where I am winner with a high confidence level before stepping up to the next level. Assuming a minimum of 50 buy-ins, my current bankroll supports playing up to $0.10/$0.25. Before moving up, I must have 50 buy-in for the next level and I will move-down if my bankroll drops below 30 buy-ins for that level.



While this program applies to PLO8 cash games only, I will play MTT’s and STT to develop my game and because I enjoy tournaments. I’ll also continue to play other games both live and on-line.



I won’t put any timeline targets in as I have a full time job, a family and golf season is here (I am a 8 handicap, or least I was as the end of last season).



Thanks in advance for your interest and help in keeping me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment